Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stinky Washrags? Smelly Garbage Disposals?

Have you ever notice that your kitchen washrag starts to take on an unpleasant odor?  Well, I have.  I learned a trick from my mom on how to battle that.  Take a spray bottle and create a mixture of bleach and water (either equal parts bleach and water or slightly less bleach than water).  Then every other day or so, spray the washrag, and rinse it out.  Don't for get to use caution while spraying and rinsing or make sure you're wearing clothing that you don't mind if it gets a little bit of bleach on it.  It can happen; It's happened to me.

The other tip I received from some of the ladies in my church ward.  They said if you notice an odor coming from your garbage disposal you can freshen that up by slicing a lemon or lime into quarters and tossing the pieces into the disposal then starting it up.  I've never tried this one, but several said it works like a charm and doesn't hurt your disposal at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment